I've been in Brest for 3 weeks. And it's been so so lovely. The weather is unpredictable and all that, but both Soeur Fabiano and I feel like we've worked harder than we ever had anywhere else. And that feels really, really great! We have to keep on working hard. I don't know if it's the place or my attitude that changed. Most likely a combination of the two.


(Thank goodness for blogger's draft saving- if only emails did this. Here are a few photos of the past week.)

We ate the Brest special. Annie, a member of the ward, makes every missionary (and some members) eat the Brest special which is a crepe that will most likely make you throw up. She says she can add something from the sea or from the forest and the surprise awaits you. You can eat as many crepes as you want as long as you s'il vous plait, she'll give you a crepe. Then you ask for the Brest special and you have no idea what you're going to taste. Well, about half way through the crepe I saw this red gooooo and I nearly threw up but I had to eat it, it's tradition. And about 3 minutes later I was hurling in the bucket and so was Soeur Fabiano. Ick!

But here are some ok pictures of it.



(That's Annie in the background)


Oh and the birthday was really, really nice. We were planning on doing a passback when the Elders called us and said we should show up at MamiCia's, a convert of 3 years who is so, so wonderful. She had prepared a whole lovely meal and shared it with us, she said it was to celebrate my birthday. I was very, very content with this birthday. :)



And MamiCia's for our everyother week visit.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home